Monday, May 13, 2013

Current Projects

I'm currently working my first fantasy novel entitled 'Manx.' Background: It involves orcs, humans, and dwarves, but not in the typical context. The orcs in my world are not necessarily the good guys, but are the dominant race/species.Where as the humans are vile, barbaric, and bent on revenge. The humans will use subterfuge, sorcery, and guile to tear apart the civilized orc kingdom internally and will eventually carry out a frontal assault from their borders in an attempt to take back the lands they feel were rightfully theirs.

My story begins with a simple orc servant girl named 'Manx' and the dark adventure she will soon embark upon in this cruel, despotic, and dire world...

My other work is a collection of short stories based in Manx's world. They will be side stories, but I hope to flesh out Manx's world (locations and minor characters) through the telling of the shorter tales and have some fun along the way. They will be fast paced and action filled. Some of the stories will lean more towards dark comedy while others will be more sinister. 

That as of now is my current plan. I do have about five more projects in the works, but I'm primarily focusing on 'Manx' and the short story collection at this time.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment